DEAN, FACULTY OF BUSINESS
Curtin is committed to transforming lives and communities through education and research. Our academic staff are dedicated to teaching excellence, generating high-impact research, which is globally significant and provides innovative solutions to real-world problems.
Curtin Malaysia’s campus, located in Miri, Sarawak is the largest offshore campus of Curtin University Australia which was established in partnership with the Sarawak Government in 1999.
Curtin Malaysia’s Faculty of Business is one of the leading providers of business education in the region. It offers a comprehensive range of business courses and its industry connections ensure they are aligned with the latest industry trends and effectively serve the needs of both our students and their future employer. The high employability of the faculty’s graduates, both nationally and internationally, is a testimony of such connections.
Curtin Malaysia invites applications from qualified candidates to provide academic leadership in developing and managing the Faculty of Business teaching and research programmes in line with the strategic direction of the University. The Dean also take a leading role in the Faculty’s relationships with industry and government in order to build effective education and research partnerships.
- A doctoral qualification and an internationally recognised record of academic/research achievement in a business-related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire through clear vision, example, communication and personal influence within a complex organisation.
- Demonstrated strategic management and negotiating skills, particularly to foster and maintain long-term in-depth relationships with industry, government and national/international communities.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and resource management skills in the development and mobilisation of resources, including the ability to administer a Faculty within policy and budgetary requirements.
- Demonstrated high level organisational planning and implementation skills, which demonstrate creativity and ability to achieve results.
- Proven capacity to foster a productive and active interdisciplinary research culture.
- Demonstrated understanding of the tertiary education sector, including a sound knowledge of trends in management of contemporary universities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills and the ability to promote a cooperative culture amongst colleagues and students.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in both written and oral communication, with well-developed cross-cultural sensitivity.
- A record of contribution to academic and community life that is consistent with Curtin’s values and goals.
The appointment will be at a Professorial level with an international package.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the criteria listed above. Each criterion must be addressed separately. Applicants are requested to provide evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.
Enquiries regarding the position may be directed to Professor Beena Giridharan, Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor, Curtin Malaysia at email@example.com.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a latest resume which includes addressing the selection criteria, a covering letter, names and contact details of at least two referees and certified copies of your academic credentials.
For write-in application, please forward your applications to:
Staffing Management Section,
Human Resource Department,
Curtin University Malaysia,
CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)